Professional Speaker & Corporate Trainer
Sharon has a knack for making the complex simple. She believes 'passionate people persuade' and that to make your message stick, you need to balance information with delivery style.
The results of applying these simple ideas can be seen during her extensive career, including many years as a senior business manager in the pharmaceutical industry. Along the way, Sharon twice won the National Representative of the Year award, as well as numerous other awards.
Her passion for persuading others, combined with a self-acknowledged competitive streak, has come to the fore in her membership of the international speaking group, Toastmasters. She has won numerous public speaking awards, represented South Australia in three national speech contests and is a past Division Governor of the South Australian chapter.
Sharon is trained in many selling techniques and is a certified Professional Sales Coach and a nationally accredited Trainer and Workplace Assessor. Her special interest areas include persuasive presentations, pitching, public speaking executive sales and networking.
Topics can be tailored to a company's or individual's specific needs and delivered as a practical workshop, keynote presentation or one-on-one coaching.
Memberships and Associations
AITD Australian Institute of Training and Development
• Active on the SA Committee
AIPF – Australian Institute of Professional Facilitators
Lecturer at the University of Adelaide
• Presenting your Business Plan in the Business Planning for Entrepreneurs course
• Adelaide University e-Challenge (Entrepreneur Challenge) presenting the Pitching with PowerPoint and Selling your Message workshop
WIT – Women in Innovation and technology
• Member and Mentor with the young professionals mentoring program
SAYES – South Australian Young Entrepreneur Scheme
• Founder and past President of Speakers Corner Toastmasters
• Past Division Governor of SA Toastmasters